Brainwave Wings - Internet of Things

Brainwave Wings


Concept: Brainwave-reactive, animatronic horns and wings based on fantastical beings. Beautiful and animalistic.
Materials: Necomimi, leather, ribbon, metal, feathers, LEDs, wire, yarn.
Construction: December ’12 – January ’13


In early 2013, I presented a couple of brainwave accessories at Hot Couture, a “fashion sculpture” show at the Crucible in Oakland. It was unforgettable. As I wrote to Kristy Alfieri, the chief producer: the whole thing was stressful and took up much of my life for the time I was working on it, and I’m glad it’s over… but WHAT an experience! I joined the crowd whenever I could, goggling at the artistry of my colleagues, the swagger of the models, the mind-blowing production quality, and the sheer overwhelming excitement of the entire weekend. I’ve rarely (if ever) been so intimidated by a project, nor so proud to take part in an event. I couldn’t believe my own work was up on a runway alongside the others’, flanked by fire, being flaunted by such cool and talented women.

I proposed two sets of brainwave-reactive accessories, including a set of horns and one of wings. There’s so much to say about their construction, I’ll break it down into a couple of chunks. This part covers most of the wings, while the next will cover the remainder of those and their companion hat, and the third will explain the horns and their harness.

  Downloand File

Douploads |  uplod

Downloand |  Downloand


Brainwave Wings Brainwave Wings Reviewed by XXX on สิงหาคม 12, 2560 Rating: 5

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น