3d printed case for a RaspPi 3, an Arduino and a 5 display - Internet of Things

3d printed case for a RaspPi 3, an Arduino and a 5 display



STORY

When I've been developing applications for the Raspberry Pi, I've traditionally had a mess of wires and hardware boards on my lab desktop. And recently I've been trying to make my Raspberry Pi communicate with an Arduino over a serial connection, which has just added to the mess. This week I decided enough was enough - I'm going to 3d print my way out of this mess!

I decided that I needed the design to allow full access to the Raspberry Pi and the Arduino, but also to hold them securely - for example, I needed to be able to swap out the SD card in the Raspberry Pi without having to dismantle everything.

I also want to be able to modify this in the future - for example, I might want to securely attach a specific IOT sensor (or replace a component) and I don't want to have to reprint the whole thing.

First - let's design the CAD files
I still use Autodesk 123D a lot (I know, I really need to move onto using Fusion 360...) and I used that to design the individual parts. When I was designing the parts, I tried to think about what I wanted the case to do for me:

It needs to securely hold the Raspberry Pi and Arduino, but I don't need to see them all the time.
It also needs to hold my 5" display which is connected to my Raspberry Pi using an HDMI cable.
There also needs to be somewhere that holds my USB power source.
Eventually I settled on the design below.


  Downloand File

Douploads |  uplod

Downloand |  Downloand 

3d printed case for a RaspPi 3, an Arduino and a 5 display 3d printed case for a RaspPi 3, an Arduino and a 5 display Reviewed by XXX on สิงหาคม 07, 2560 Rating: 5

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น