Globe Trotter - Internet of Things

Globe Trotter



Globe trotter is an attempt to make "holiday pictures viewing" less boring for people watching it.

The idea was to build a globe that would allow users to browse holiday pictures in a tangible and fun way. You would first pick an album (by touching a country), and then browse the photos by spinning the globe.

To make this project, I bought a regular globe from the store, and I pinned metal pins to the countries I visited. I then hooked a capacitive sensor to those pins, and I linked it to an Arduino.

I attached a rotary encoder to the axis of the globe, in order to be able to get the globe's position.

I then wrote a small programm that processes the data in my Arduino Micro, who then sends keyboard signals to the computer.

On the computer is a custom webpage that contains all the photos. The user can then browse the photos by interacting with the globe!

Here's a blog post I made about the work in progress, and here's the final project page.

  Downloand File

Douploads |  uplod

Downloand |  Downloand 

Globe Trotter Globe Trotter Reviewed by XXX on สิงหาคม 07, 2560 Rating: 5

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น